In 2003, the 'Causeway Link' services began life with 8 buses, breaking a 30-year monopoly on cross border bus services previously operated only by Singapore-based companies.
Since then, the 'Causeway Link' brand has moved on from being a 'Singapore to Malaysia' bus service provider to a regional provider of town and express bus services in various growing parts of Malaysia such as Kuala Lumpur, BatuPahat, Malacca and Johor Bahru.
- Began operations across the causeway with 8 buses
- Officially launched services by Entrepreneurship Minister, and was awarded 110 licenses to operate Cross Border Services
- Launching of Mini Bus Fleet
- Launching of Express Bus Service
- City Tram Shuttle buses launched with Tourism Malaysia officially launched by Menteri Besar of Johor
- Launching of city bus operations in city Johor bahru
- Launching of services within BatuPahat
- Launching of city bus operations in Kuala Lumpur / Klang
- Hit implementation target of over 300 operational buses
- Introduction of GPS - control operations
- Commuter travel planning - 'Next bus' dashboard launched for terminals
- Terminal development - Causeway link café launched at Bukit Indah interchange
- Begin of Social Route Trials in Johor with IRDA
- Development of central control systems for town bus operation
- Handal Indah founder Mr Lim Han Weng, purchased majority shares of Triton Commuter Sdn Bhd bus company
- Latest addition of 40 permits. The meeting between Malaysian Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsian Loong concluded with the award of 40 bus permits in Singapore and 40 in Malaysia, all 40 permits were awarded to Handal Indah as we are reputedly a trusted name in bus operations.
- Handal Indah took over the management of TUTA Taxi and Bus Terminal
- Customer service management system (tracking customer's response and ensuring every question / feedback is attended
- Implementation of the Heures planning and scheduling system
- Begin sneak preview sales of ManjaLink card service
- Opening of ManjaLink counter in Giant Nusa Bestari
- Handal Indah was appointed as the official bus transport provider for AirAsia Sky Shuttle which route covers from Senai Airport to JB Sentral and connecting to Singapore.
- Handal Indah introduced ManjaLink Travel Credit rebates to reward its loyal customers
- Handal Indah awarded Singapore's Outstanding Enterprise 2013 for its contributions to Singapore's development and recognized for its corporate management excellence
- Free JB1 'Bas Bandaraya' service between Larkin Terminal to Jalan Wong Ah Fook starts its operation
- The ManjaLink card was introduced into Causeway Link bus operation connected to 1st Link
- Handal Indah opened new counters at KSL City Mall and Gelang Patah Sentral which offer services including ManjaLink and holiday packages
- Launch of E-store for theme parks ticket purchase at Larkin Terminal and GP Sentral counter
- Appointment of external merchant, Sunrise Bayumas Sdn Bhd for Manjalink top up in two locations, at CIQ 1st Link and 2nd link
- MOU signed between Universiti KL and Handal Indah Sdn Bhd, to undergo the university students practical training
- Handal Indah was appointed to be the official bus transport provider for NuMed University. A special tertiary card was created for the university's bus shuttle passengers.
- In January 2015, Handal Indah purchased 32 new buses from manufacturer Yutong in China
- Manjalink open a new counter at Larkin bus terminal in the month of June 2015.
- JB Sentral Manjalink existing counter was given a facelift to create a more unified branding look and feel. The newly renovated counter re-opened for business in July 2015.
- Handal Indah was given the prestigious Vanguard Award Winner of the Year 2015 by Asia Enterprise BRAND Awards (AEBA) at Shangri-La Hotel Singapore for displaying strong innovation and building a strong Causeway Link brand.
- Handal Indah was awarded the Best Stage Bus Operator by SPAD for the year 2015 at the Simposium SPAD 2015, held at PWTC, Kuala Lumpur, for excellence in Customer Services, Management Role in Safety, Vehicle / Fleet Management and Records Management
- On 22 Feb 2016, Causeway Link Holidays launched its new product, the JB Tourist Bus Pass. Featuring a sleek designed map packaging, the JB Tourist Bus Pass provides commuters with 3 days of unlimited bus rides on Causeway Link Buses.
- 22 Mar 2016 marks the day the 8th ManjaLink counter opened right at Sultan Iskandar (JB CIQ) Building (Towards Woodlands). The counter provides commuters with new ManjaLink card registrations and top-up services.
- Handal Ceria Research and Development (R&D) Department was appointed to provide cashless ticketing system for Perbadanan Pengankutan Awam Jalan (PAJ) Muafakat System. PAJ Muafakat free bus service started since 1st April 2016 with 15 available routes around Johor Bahru. R&D Department worked vigorously since 24th February 2016 after the appointment of the Company to prepare the Muafakat card and bus ticketing validator system.
- Johor Islamic Religious Council had appointed Handal Indah Sdn Bhd as one of their official transportation advertising platform for AGIHAN ZAKAT for one year during the ZAKAT Launching held on the 30th of May 2016 at Johor Persada International Convention Centre.
- ManjaLink Introduced its newest Travel Credit Reload Card on 1st June 2016 with a highlight of its first video advertisement highlighting ManjaLInk Travel Credit Reload Card's tag line "Topping Up Your ManjaLink Card has never been Easier!" The reload cards are available in different pricing rate of RM50, RM150, RM300 at Malaysia ManjaLink counters and SGD20 and SGD50 at Singapore ManjaLink counters.
- Handal Indah Sdn Bhd was a recipient of the top 100 Singapore Elite Enterprise 2015-2016 Award in Singapore on the 17th of August 2016 at Goodwood Park Hotel. The award received was a symbol of credibility, integrity and prestige given to a company that shown exemplary commitment and outstanding progress in field of public transportation.
- 1 September marks the launching of the 2 days and 3 days bus pass product from Causeway Link Holidays.
- On 4 October 2016, The ManjaLink online top-up is now ready as an additional ManjaLink reloading portal for ManjaLink Card. The online top-up can be through credit card, debit card and online banking.
- On 10 October 2016, Causeway Link counter at Gelang Patah has now officially opened as a ManjaLink Customer Service counter, Causeway Link Express Bus Ticketing counter, and Causeway Link Holidays counter for Bus Pass and Theme park tickets and promotions.
- On 16 October 2016, Handal Indah Snd Bhd received the Best Customer Service and Complaint Management for Stage Bus Category from SPAD during the Gala Dinner in Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia.
- On 16 October 2016, Tuan Haji Rozlan received the Certificate of Recognition for Handal Indah Snd Bhd for the services of TransJohor Bus from Johor Bahru Menteri Besar, Dato’s Mohamaed Khaled Bin Nordin during the launching of the Gelang Patah Terminal.
- On 24 October 2016, Reactivation of Causeway Link Route 111 that goes from Taman Tan Sri Yaacob to JB Sentral. Causeway Link buses will be operating as early as 5.45 am from Taman Tan Sri Yaacob until 10.30 pm from JB Sentral.
- On 25 October 2016, HUGO Mobile up serves as an additional reloading portal for ManjaLink Card online top-up and ManjaLink reload card online activation.
- On 9 December 2016, Handal Indah Snd Bhd was a recipient for the SME100 Award Fast Moving Companies 2016 at Royal Ballroom, Palace of the Golden Horses, Kuala Lumpur.
- 14th March 2017, 1 Student 1 Card scheme was implemented to Causeway Link NUMED Shuttle Bus Service in regards to the Replacement and Re-application Module of the ManjaLink Partner Portal.
- 14th March 2017, JB Tourist Bus Pass was rebranded to Travel Bus Pass. It is opened to the international market for easy and convenient commuting assistance for travellers to visits international theme parks, shopping malls, hotel accommodations and other places of interest within Johor Bahru as well as Singapore.
- 14th March 2017, Swiss-Garden Hotel, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur is the new pick-up point location of Causeway Link Express Bus Services from Bukit Bintang to Johor Bahru.
- 14th March 2017, State Tourism Domestic Trade and Consumerism EXCO of Johor Datuk Tee Siew Kiong expressed his support to the initiative of Causeway Link Holidays Sdn Bhd for promoting tourism in Johor Bahru through the 2-days and 3-days travel bus pass that are linked to Causeway Link Bus Services.
- 24th May 2017: Point Convenience Shop Sdn Bhd at T-Sentral was opened through the Ceremonial Ribbon Cutting of Tuan Haji Roslan Bin Abu Bakar, Executive Director of Handal Indah Sdn Bhd; Ms Lim Chern Fang, Director of Operations and Marketing of Handal Indah Group of Companies; Mr Vellayan A/1 Nalliannan, Managing Director of Pointshop Convenient Sdn Bhd and Mr Goh Lak Jin, General Manager of Ancillary Business Division of Handal Indah Group of Companies.
- 1st June 2017: Causeway Link Holidays at T-Sentral was opened. The counter sells ManjaLink Card for Causeway Link Cross-Border Bus Services, ManjaLink Reload Card, Travel bus pass, Causeway Link Express Bus Tickets, Theme park Tickets (Singapore) , Theme park Tickers (Johor Bahru) and Bus Chartering Services.
- 1st June 2017: Fly and Ride for AirAsia Cross-Border Bus Services between Senai and Singapore is now open to cater the need of transportation for Air Asia Passengers.
- 15th June 2017: Handal Indah Sdn Bhd signed the MOU for the Hybrid Bus Service operations with the representative from Mitsui & Co., Medini Iskandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd at Medini 6, Bandar Iskandar Malaysia , Iskandar Puteri , Johor Bahru.
- 15th June 2017: The first Secretary and presentative of the Ambassador, The Embassy of Japan in Malaysia congratulated Handal Indah Sdn Bhd for being part of the initiative to bring Medini City the first Hybrid Bus in Malaysia.
- 3rd July 2017: Handal Indah Provided Transportation Assistance to Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) Rapid Project. Handal Indah Sdn Bhd provided 52 bus as of this date to cater to the need of transportation for almost 2,500 staff, engineers, contractors, and labourers within the project site of Petronas Rapid Project at Pengarang, Johor.